s a part of our company’s effort to provide better service to our customers, we have upgraded to PLEX for our internal ERP system. With the help of PLEX we are able to connect electronically to customers and suppliers to facilitate transactions and improve communication and delivery. If you are a current supplier please click the link to the left and you will be redirected to the login screen.
If you are interested in getting a quote on a part or a project, fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We will return to you with an estimated price and any other information you may need for your part/project. Thank you for your interest in General Stamping & Metalworks.
If you have any questions regarding Press Brake Engineering & Operations, please leave Brad a message and he will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank You. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Trumpf TruLaser 5030
* Excellent energy balance thanks to the world’s most efficient CO2 laser
* Sheets up to 50 mm thick can be processed
* Mobile operation and monitoring of the machine using the MobileControl App
* High-performance CO2 cutting optics guarantees best-quality sheet metal parts of all thicknesses
* Cut edges of the highest quality throughout the whole machining spectrum
* 3200 x 2200 x 2885mm (L x W x H)
* Lower tool holder for single V-matrices with hydraulic clamping
* Pressing force 85 Ton
* Bending length 2550 mm
* Withdrawal speed 135 mm / s
* Projection 410 mm
* Stroke 365 mm
* Working height 1050 mm
* 51 x 52 x 94in (L x W x H)
* Pressing force of 40 tons
* Bending length of 40 inches
* Precise up to 0.00008 in Y axis
* Precise up to 0.0008 in X and R axis
* Heat-free LED lighting
* Laser projector for exact positioning of bending line
* Variable supports for standing and seated operation
For almost 95 years you’ve known us as General Sheet Metal Works. Today, a new leading edge facility, a new name, buttress our enduring commitment to providing the highest level of service, responsiveness, quality execution, supply chain integration and breadth of fabrication.
To more fully reflect the company we have become and the capabilities we have developed over 95 years of continuous operation, effective September 15, 2016, GENERAL SHEET METAL WORKS, INC., will now be operating as
September 15, 2016
Dear Valued Customers, Suppliers, and Business Partners:
We are excited to announce we have changed our name from General Sheet Metal Works, Inc., to General Stamping & Metalworks, Inc., effective September 15, 2016. This change more accurately expresses the core of our capabilities as a full-service metal fabricator providing parts to OEM’s worldwide.
Our new name reflects the evolution of our operational expertise, which shifted dramatically in 1953, when we left the sheet metal business entirely to pursue the fabrication of metal parts for a diverse range of customers producing products for lawn and garden, agriculture, automotive aftermarket, and other consumer-focused industries. Today, we are a major supplier to the solar infrastructure market as well as serving emerging industries looking to prototype and scale new products.
For your convenience, our Internet address remains www.gsmwinc.com. Company email addresses will also remain the same. Our corporate address remains as follows until December 1, 2016:
General Stamping & Metalworks
1902 South Main Street
South Bend, IN 46613
After December 1, 2016 our address will be:
General Stamping & Metalworks
25101 Cleveland Road
South Bend, IN 46628
Our phone number will remain unchanged: