Our Recent News
General Stamping & Metalworks is proud to rank 12th on The Fabricator's annual FAB 40 list. This annual ranking is based upon 2018 revenues, 2019 projected revenues, and the number of locations and employees of approximately 1,200 of the leading metal fabrication organizations in the country. Please click on the link below to read more about GSM, as well as The Fabricator's industry outlook for the upcoming year. 2019 Fab 40 article
July 19, 2019gsmw
South Bend’s On Demand program supports local employers in helping build skill sets of their employees. Through GSM’s partnership with the City of South Bend, 13 GSM employees received the opportunity to attend training aimed at expanding lean and manufacturing skill sets. Three employees participated in the Skills for Success Boot Camp that began in June, 2018 and concluded in December, 2018. These employees learned about 5S, root cause analysis, critical thinking, effective workplace and communication skills, print reading ...
March 15, 2019gsmw
In the fall of 2018, GSM partnered with one of Northern Indiana’s local community colleges to provide high quality weld training. That training led to AWS D1.1 certification for nearly 30 team members. GSM is committed to providing opportunities for their team to enhance job related skills. This is not only an investment in their team, but also an investment in their company and an assurance to their customers. The professionalism and commitment of the GSM welding team is second ...
February 21, 2019gsmw
- Maximizing abrasive performance when cutting or grinding tubeAbrasives can be used for grinding and cutting, but the processes and parameters for these ... read moreSource: The Fabricator
- Complete Sheet Metal to build new headquarters in New EnglandComplete Sheet Metal will begin construction on a new, 11,500-sq.-ft. facility in Berlin, Conn. The ... read moreSource: The Fabricator
- Long-reach, shelf-mounted Yaskawa PH-series robots feature high vibration ratingDesigned for the rigors of pressroom environments, Yaskawa Motoman’s long-reach, shelf-mounted PH-series robots can help ... read moreSource: The Fabricator
- New Abrasives Line Includes Flap Discs, Quick-Change DiscsWeldcote Metals announced the availability of a comprehensive line of metalworking abrasives, including more than ... read moreSource: Metal Forming
- New Hydraulic-Ironworker Options Include LED LightsScotchman Industries released three new options available for the company’s current hydraulic-ironworker models, designed to ... read moreSource: Metal Forming
The media section of the site will be available soon.
Future events will be posted on the GSM site in the near future.