Our Recent News
South Bend’s On Demand program supports local employers in helping build skill sets of their employees. Through GSM’s partnership with the City of South Bend, 13 GSM employees received the opportunity to attend training aimed at expanding lean and manufacturing skill sets. Three employees participated in the Skills for Success Boot Camp that began in June, 2018 and concluded in December, 2018. These employees learned ...
March 15, 2019gsmw
In the fall of 2018, GSM partnered with one of Northern Indiana’s local community colleges to provide high quality weld training. That training led to AWS D1.1 certification for nearly 30 team members. GSM is committed to providing opportunities for their team to enhance job related skills. This is not only an investment in their team, but also an investment in their company and an assurance to ...
February 21, 2019gsmw
December – 2018 The Fabricator recently highlighted the strategic partnership between Trumpf and GSM in their article, "A Deep Dive into Laser Cutting". The article focuses on five different organizations with very different business models. Even though these companies vary in scope, how can process, superior equipment, and innovative software tools improve throughput for all of them? First, General Stamping & Metalworks combines a high degree of software automation with smart inspection processes and ...
February 8, 2019gsmw
- Two additive manufacturing companies separate themselves from the packSpring has sprung. That means longer, warmer days. Green and scarlet buds. Rain. Songbirds. Wet ... read moreSource: The Fabricator
- Prima Power Opens New Plant in FinlandSource: Metal Forming
- Planzer Deploys Panasonic TOUGHBOOK Handhelds to Improve Scanning CapabilitiesSwiss logistics company Planzer chose Panasonic TOUGHBOOK handhelds for their durability and fast, ergonomic scanning ... read moreSource: Supply Chain
- Aluminum products manufacturer right-sizes press needs with air/oil-based systemSituation: The sophistication of punch presses and roll forming equipment today allows fabricating shops to ... read moreSource: The Fabricator
- Founder of 80/20 Inc. dies80/20® Inc., Columbia City, Ind., has announced that company founder Don Wood died March 28, ... read moreSource: The Fabricator
The media section of the site will be available soon.
Future events will be posted on the GSM site in the near future.